Monday, November 25, 2013

Could have grown a human

Dear Mrs. Jones,

It's been nine months today since you left this earth.  Someone could have grown a baby in 9 months.  In some ways it feels so long ago, but in others, like it was yesterday.  I keep thinking of things to tell you, or send to you, or ask you about. 

I was at TJMAXX and saw Elizabeth Arden Green Tea perfume.  I felt like I had been sucker punched in my gut.  I wanted to tell you about the new additional Green Tea blends.

I went to get my hair cut with CW and Mom.  I desperately needed someone to reassure me that I'm not the one who's "off."  BTW, I think KimJ likes CW better than me.  Her hair always looks divine, and I look frumpy.  The cuts are OK, but not how she styles me.  Just sayin'.  She wouldn't be the first to like CW better.

I sent your kids Thanksgiving cards.  I'm certain this will be a hard 6-7 weeks for them.  I'd been thinking about The Religious One and sent her a card also.  I cannot believe she is 72.  I'm still struck by the injustice of Sergeant dying, and you being sick and dying while the LVDuo are still partying.  Tell me this doesn't matter.  I need reassurance.

Is that you, when I hear "Home"?  It always makes me think of you.  I need to feel you nearby.  When my friend CJ died, I felt her with me for a LONG time.  But not with Dad, or you, or the Chooby Little Booger.  Why is that?

I'm getting CW some caching stuff for Christmas.  If you have suggestions, I'd love to hear them.  You'd come up with something uber cool, I know.  And what in the world can I get mom?  Help a sista out.

Thinking of you today and always,

Mrs. Flaherty

No comments:

Post a Comment